Vice President, Human Resources
Do you have the passion to join a group whose mission is to pioneer the discovery of a new class of medicines? Medicines that treat diseases unaddressed by today’s therapies by directly engaging RNA structures? Does it excite you to be a part of a company with a focus on cancer and genetically validated targets in other disease areas with unmet medical need – a successful, rapidly growing company that values a culture of innovation? If yes, you may be a great fit to join Arrakis on our path to bring powerful new therapies to millions of patients.
Your Impact at Arrakis
The mission of Arrakis Therapeutics is to extend small-molecule medicines into new realms of biology by discovering and developing RNA-targeted small molecules (“rSMs”). By targeting distinct RNA structure/function relationships, Arrakis is generating drug candidates with novel mechanisms of action for molecular targets that are challenging to drug in disease areas with high unmet medical need.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Vice President of Human Resources will have an opportunity to make a significant impact on our mission by bringing functional expertise, leadership and employee development skills, and passion for building companies. As the Company’s first full-time HR employee, you’ll have the opportunity to design and build the HR function, shape the company’s culture as it scales, and partner with the CEO to enable the leadership team to support Arrakis’s future success.
We’re looking for a dynamic leader who will bring a high degree of integrity, creativity and innovation to the task of leading the Company through its transition from a scrappy, anything-goes biotech environment to a robust, scalable and successful organization, preserving and building upon the organizational attributes and culture that got us this far.
- Serve as visible, involved and engaged leader to employees throughout the organization
- Act as business partner and thought partner to the leadership team and CEO
- Continuously serve as a role model and leader to foster and embed our company values of resilience, fearlessness, thriving as a team, being inspired by each other, and being relentlessly human.
- Identify, design and implement HR programs and solutions that support employees and business objectives.
- Build HR infrastructure to establish best-in-class function and ensure competitive compensation and benefits programs within our peer group to attract and retain the best talent
- Work with management of all levels on a variety of HR and business-related issues, both strategic and operational
- Partner with your colleagues on the leadership team to align the organizational structure, practices and communication with the Company's strategy and culture
- Expand and develop the HR team as needed, including insourcing and outsourcing strategies that scale
- Provide technical advice, knowledge and leadership across the company
- Lead organizational development efforts to support key underlying objectives, including: leadership development, performance development, succession planning, change management, and people development.
- Oversee talent acquisition efforts
- Design programs to support a diverse and inclusive culture through hiring, promoting and rewards initiatives
- Oversee HR related topics and initiatives for presentation to the Board of Directors and Compensation Committee
- BS in Business Administration, HR, or related field. MBA or advanced degree preferred. HR Certifications helpful but not required
- 15+ years of progressively responsible experience in HR leadership roles, preferably in a variety of industries, including some biotech and/or pharmaceutical environments; the ideal candidate will have both public and private company experience
- Minimum two years’ experience as the top HR executive in a small to mid-sized company or a HR Leader within an independent division of a large company
- Strong background in helping companies build and scale in competitive environments
- Demonstrated ability in hiring and developing successful HR teams
- Proven ability to develop trust and strong relationships, as well as influence positive behaviors and values throughout the organization
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Expert knowledge of HR strategies, programs, policies and laws across all areas of HR
- Demonstrated success implementing creative, efficient, and user-friendly HR programs and solutions
- Ability to coach and counsel at all levels
- Outstanding communication and listening skills
- Solid knowledge of state and federal employment laws as related to employee relations, performance, immigration and policy development
- Strategic thinker with excellent problem solving, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Thrives in and contributes to a work environment where everyone’s opinions matter, discussions are richer, and outcomes are better as a result. Must embrace informality and a “flat” working structure where how we get things done matters as much as what we accomplish.
Arrakis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic
information, or any other characteristic protected by law.